Hello,
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the general impression that
when accessing a secure site, client-server authentication is done via RSA
using 1024 bits and once authentication is established, web page encryption
is done with some other method using 128 bit. I'm interested in verifying
the RSA 1024 bit authentication algorithm performance under simulated web
server load. OpenSSL comes with a "SPEED" benchmark, but I'd like to see
browser requests and the associated authentication taking place. Is there a
way to force authentication every time a web page is re-loaded (i.e.
Cntl-N). I could open and close a browser many times but opening and closing
would mask the authentication time, which is what I need to measure.
Are there any authentication under load benchmarks? How can we tell when an
authentication algorithm really makes a time difference in real world
situations?
Thanks in advance.
Jorge