"Kim, Peter" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I must have an old version of OpenSSL.
>
> In fact, I was looking for a function with a name similar to what you
> pointed out.  I had found a function called OBJ_txt2nid(), so I figured
> there would be a OBJ_nid2txt() function or something similar.
>
> I looked in objects.h under crypto/objects directory.  Is that where it's
> supposed to be?  I'm missing that function.

Well it should be in crypto/objects.h, the one you need is:

ASN1_OBJECT *   OBJ_txt2obj(const char *s, int no_name);

it was added fairly recently. To handle general OIDs you need the
ASN1_OBJECT structure. Only OIDs in OpenSSLs internal table have a
usable NID, those not in there all have the NID NID_undef, whereas
arbitrary OIDs can be represented by an ASN1_OBJECT.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]