>>If I am not wrong, it takes (1000*48)k
>>memory ?? So Can I avoid preallocating 16k for each
>>buffer, since it is believed that it is very rare for
>>a client to send the maximum aloowable 16k data to
>>server.

Dynamic allocation would be expensive as you would have to realloc buffers
each and everytime it runs out of space. As far as 16k length is concerned,
yes it is rarely possible that a client sends a buffer upto 16k length but
only during ssl handshake ( unless it has a very long cert chain). But,
believe me, application data could reach that level (server ->client). So be
careful when you change those max sizes.
If you are planning to have 1000 or more simultaneous ssl connections then
you might need to get some hardware accelerator. I haven't seen most of the
software servers doing that other than if you have a very high end server.

-Imran.