steve wrote:
> Do you mean 'private keys'? Certificates are public
knowledge and can't be restricted in that way. What OS
is this for, if windows then you can for MSIE but it
depends on how you import the certificates in the
first place.

----------------

i think i mean 'certificates', as in mozilla's Edit
--> Preferences --> Privacy... -> Certificates -->
Manage Certs --> Backup

this allows the user to back up a certificate to a
file and then restore it on another computer.

i was hoping that this could be disabled somehow...

our employees use IE & netscape for windows, and
mozilla for linux. the majority is using IE for
windows, so it would be acceptable if we could just
disable exports for IE...
near as i can tell, we are using 'AcceptPKCS7' to
import the certificate into IE...