>> Now the next step is to use SSL.   Followed the server code, s_server.c,
so
>> how would you go about creating the file without using RSA?  (Trying to
>> avoid issues using RC5 and RC4, so I did not compile it in).

>There's no reason to avoid RSA.
In reading the README, there is no patent issues? Also, what about export
issues?

> Also, since this is a device the url can change, so how is it possible to
> have the browser just use SSL without verifying the server?  I'm trying to
> keep the connection simple.  Due to embedded and no having a file system.

>In general it's a REALLY bad idea to try to use SSL without server
>authentication. This leaves you open to a number of active attacks.

Agreed, but, isn't the name, http://<name of site>  the name of site has to
be fixed?
What I'm saying, the client uses the name to do a certification lookup using
another site?

>That said, if you want to operate without server auth you have
>two choices:
>(1) use DH. This has the advantage that you get perfect forward
>secrecy.
>(2) use RSA with a self-signed certificate. This has the advantage
>that it will work with most any browser, whereas anonymous DH
>support is less common.

Help!  I'm new to using OpenSSL what would be the commandline augments?