[ sorry, if this goes through twice, i had a typo in my first to line ]

Checking the user archives I haven't seen anyone address this sort of
problem (v0.9.6b). I've generated the various keys w/ something liek
this (from teh man page)

        openssl genrsa -out priv.pem 1024
        openssl rsa -in priv.pem -pubout -out pub.pem

However, when trying to read in the public key w/
pem_read_rsapublickey I get a pem_read_bio:'no start line' error. The
public key file only has (-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----) while the
private key file has (-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----). Checking the
source, the 'workaround' seems obvious...

However, when I hand edit the public key file by adding the type (RSA)
i get a new error:

        lib(13 : asn1 encoding routines)
        func(280 : d2i_ASN1_UINTEGER)
        reason(113 : expecting an integer)

which is less clear how to 'fix' since I haven't dug around the
internals too much.

Anyway, my questions are:

        1 - is this the right way to be going about this?
        2 - is there some other incantation that I'm missing when
            generating the keys?

\p
---
God forbid that any books should be banned.  The practice is as
indefensible as infanticide. --- Dame Rebecca West