On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 09:46:15PM -0700, Zachary Denison wrote:
> My question is how can I prevent these messages, how
> can I get the client software to trust our own CA
> cert.  On the web I searched and someone said to make
> a pkcs12 client cert.. anyway I tried that in a number
> of ways and it didnt work... And I really dont care
> about verifying the client... I to just make the
> client trust the homegrown ca.

Your clients can import your CA certificate when offered with the correct
content-type from a webserver. Look out for a script called
loadCAcert.pl that has to be installed as a cgi-bin.
You can find a short description in the documentation for my Postfix/TLS kit
 http://www.aet.tu-cottbus.de/personen/jaenicke/postfix_tls/
(no, I did not invent it myself, I also only collected it from another
documentation :-)

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BTU Cottbus               http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/