"Richard Booth [Web Developer]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> When performing a post from a non-secure sever to a secure server is the
> connection made secure before any data passes through?
It's not clear what you mean here. Servers don't typically post
to other servers. Perhaps you mean when a client is dereferencing
an HTTPS URL fetched from an HTTP server.

In any case, in any HTTPS transaction the entire SSL handshake
takes place before any application data is transmitted.

>  If yes or no can you
> direct me to documentation if possible?
RFC 2818 (http://www.rtfm.com/rfc/rfc2818.txt).

-Ekr