Dr S N Henson wrote:

> Tony Lill wrote:
> >
> > I've managed to get outlook to work with stunnel and a self signed
> > certificate for both sending and recieving mail. The only problem is
> > that outlook keeps whining about not being able to verify the cert
> > because the root certificate is not trusted.
> >
> > I tried importing it with the Certificate Manager Wizzard, but no
> > luck. Has anyone managed to make Outlook behave?
>
> Have you tried explicitly trusting the certificate?

Oops, didn't read the query enough. It may well not be possible to
actually use a self signed user certificate. Netscape also has problems
with this in that the same certificate has to be a user and CA
certificate. You may have to create a self signed root CA and sign end
user certificates with that.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/