On 03.12.2001 11:39:54 owner-openssl-users wrote:

>Hi
>
>Sorry for the resend.
>This is a resend with the complete encoding type.
>

>I am getting a file from a MS machine that contains an exported public
>key. This data appears to be binary data. It has been exported with the
>flag X509_ASN_ENCODING
>
>Trying to read the file with PEM_read_publickkey() does not appear to
>work. What is the correct function or other method to use to get this
>data into a RSA * struct or a EVP_PKEY structure. Preferably EVP_PKEY to
>add to a certificate.

PEM is the ascii version of the binary ASN/DER encoding, so PEM functions
won't work. To convert a binary (der) encoding into an internal OpenSSL
structure, use the d2i_* functions. In your case, probably the d2i_PublicKey()
or a similar function will do. See also the FAQ for more information
about the d2i_* functions.

Alex.