Title: Message
Hi,
I am generating client certificates using this method at the openssl server:

openssl genrsa -des3 -out user.key 1024
openssl req -new -config openssl.cnf -key user.key -out user.csr
openssl ca -config openssl.cnf -cert CA.pem -in user.csr -keyfile CA.key -out user.crt

After this, I am exporting the user.crt to the browser for that user. Its working fine. Now, I would like
to know where the private key of the user is ?
I am using the user.crt to put it in the user entry in the ldap server. Does this user.crt contain
client's private key also ?

If I need the user.crt in pkcs12 format, I use
openssl pkcs12 -export -in user.crt -inkey user.key -out user.pfx

Anything wrong with this export ? Does it contain the private key ?

I am doing all these without proper knowledge of openssl. Half knowledge is dangerous. But I can't
help it now. So kindly bear with me if there's anything stupid in the method above.

thanx and regards
sarath