>> What platform are we talking about?
The openssl toolkit and the two libraries (crypto & ssl) have been built on
a Tandem Himalaya system.  The operating system is Guardian.  It does not
have PERL or the MAKE utilities.  It has a ANSI compatible  C compiler;
which I used to compile and link the libraries and the toolkit with.

>> What is the configuration setting for "Configure"?
Where do I find this ?

Had to manually convert all the Makefiles into 'C' compile scripts for the
Tandem to build the openssl libraries and toolkit with the MONOLITH define
turned on.  The apps: enc, passwd and rand have been tested with examples
shown in the documentation.

Regards,
Saju Paul

> Hmm. What platform are we talking about? What is the configuration
> setting for "Configure"?
> Of course you are aware, that an RSA key with a modulus of 32, 64 etc
> is or more or less cosmetic worth. I would consider 1024 to be the minimum
> for today's purposes.

.org