Hi expert guys,..   :)

I'm starting a class project which requires handling a packet after encryption it, and before transmi it to the IP layer. I want to to add a header and modify the current IP address of the packet.

The steps -- in summery -- are as follow:

1- Packet encryption. (I have nothing to do with it)
--------------------------------------
2- My work:
      Get a packet.
      Add my own header information to it.
      Modify the IP address.
      Pass it to the next layer.
3- Send it to TCP/IP layer for transmit  (I have nothing to do with it too)

So I need your help to step me in the first step of this project, I need to know from where to start. I download the OpenSSL project, and I found 1500 files ,,!!!

So would you mind pointing me out to the files that I should start modifying and playing with.

Any information is valuable to me and appreciated  :)

Thanks alot.

Dave.