On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Carlos mario Ospina Anzola wrote:

> That's Right, We're willing to use OPENCA as our certification software.
>
> My company is the first Certification Authority under the colombian law. An
> one of the law requirement is that the cryptographic module compliants with
> fips 140.

OK. That's normal. What is called cryptographic module is not OpenSSL in
itself, it's the token that generates and operates the private keys used
by your CA.

You should take a look at the 'engines' supported by OpenSSL, these are
hardware tokens, and I'm sure some of them have been FIPS140-1 evaluated.
That way you could use OpenSSL (OpenCA) and still be compliant with your
law.

Erwann ABALEA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
RSA PGP Key ID: 0x2D0EABD5
-----
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers"
- Pablo Picasso