From: Toomas Kiisk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

vix> $ nfkminfo -k
vix> [vix@eebik vix]$ nfkminfo -k
vix> Key summary - 1 keys:
vix>  AppName embed                Ident b6621954138bf0e41553115f2c402ed802c1bdb1
vix>
vix> How do I load this key with openssl? Operator card does not
vix> have a passphrase.

I think OpenSSL isn't ready for those yet.  Not totally sure.  I know
that nCipher has a patch to some older version (at least last I
looked) patch for OpenSSL that makes it handle this type of PEM file.

I've been pondering adding that kind of capability to OpenSSL, off and
on, but never had time to finish pondering and start coding.  I might
take a look at that again unless someone else gets there before me.
The ultimate goal might be to create some kind of general format
similar to the nCipher "embed" private keys, but generalised to a form
that's not specifically bound to nCipher (IIRC, there's a string
embeded in that private key, among others containing the word
"nCipher").

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.