Hi Alex,

I have no experience with compiling snaps. But I did try to sign mail with
someone's smime certificate.
This failed because the guy had sent me a self-signed certificate. Apparently,
OpenSSL only accepts smime certificates that have been issued by Certification
Authorities like Verisign.
So what kind of certificate did you use? Was it self-signed, or issued by a CA
which is not a well-known CA? If so, try a certificate from Verisign or so.

Best regards,

Huibert