I'm rather new to the SSL world, but I have a simple issue.  I paid big $$$
to Verisign for a Certificate for my web server.  It seems to me that the
only reason I had to pay big $$$ is because Microsoft lists Verisign as a
Trusted CA.  Since Microsoft won't list me as a trusted CA, can I do the
following????

Issue an openSSL certificate to another server, from the server where I
installed the expensive Verisign certificate???

My hope is that the certificate I issue will establish a chain of trust back
to verisign, thus, users won't get that silly popup window in their browsers
saying the site is dangerous, etc etc.  I don't think my certificate is
dangerous just because I have not paid Microsoft massive amounts of money to
consider me a CA.  Is their any way to do this?  Thanks.