From:                   "Dilkie, Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <openssl-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                What chars are valid in a CN
Date sent:              Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:31:28 -0500

http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/cms/42/adm_gide/app_dn,htm

Ken

Stupid question but I can't seem to find a reference anywhere (or I'm
not looking right)

What characters are valid in a CN (common name, and is a CN
most/less/the same restrictions as a DN?), obviously alphnum and some
punctuation, but which ones? Anyone have a pointer to where this is
specified?

TIA,

-lee dilkie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Automated List Manager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_
Support
InterSoft International, Inc.
Voice: 888-823-1541, International 281-398-7060
Fax: 888-823-1542, International 281-560-9170
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.securenetterm.com