Hi *,

when using a single threaded application, I can use Async IO even
with OpenSSL to cope with many concurrent connections (using select()).

Unfortunately, if I use a verify_callback for doing checking on
the certificates of my peer, I _have to_ generate a decision immediately
if I do not want to break my quasi-parallel handling of multiple
connections.
In case the checking takes some time (e.g. because I use a OCSP request),
I would have to stop execution here and wait for the response. My single
threaded application cannot continue in the meantime.

Are there any solutions to this problem? How can I continue using
single threaded async IO with such long-running callbacks?

Any help appreciated,
  Joerg