Dr S N Henson wrote:

> Brandon Amundson wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to sign a server cert from IIS 5.0 with my CA (openssl) that
> > runs on my linux webserver.
> >
> > I have successfully signed the cert and move it back into IIS but when I go
> > to access the site, the certificate dialog
> >
> > box pops up but there are no available certificates.  I would like to use
> > pre-existing user certificates that I have issued
> >
> > for my other site because I am going to be letting the same people have
> > access to the new site.  Does anyone know if this is
> >
> > possible and what I am not doing correctly, (besides using MS)? I heard
> > something about the v3 extensions being a possible
> >
> > cause.  Any thoughts?
> >

> The FAQ gives the reason for this and some more info. What it doesn't
> say is how to add your CA to the trusted list of IIS. IIRC you can do
> this via the certificate import wizard, something like clicking on the
> "show physical stores" box and trusted root->local computer. You may
> have to the reboot. You can check using s_client to see if your CA is
> then sent (see FAQ).
>
> Steve.
> --
... your support is definitely wonderful...
Now I can use the client-authentication under IIS5 ... thanks.
The strange thing is that now in IIS5 there is an interface to the
TRUSTED-CA-LIST, but seems to be unused, or better used in combination
to the importing in the "trusted root->local computer" store.
Obviously this is undocumented in the ms-site.

Thanks.
--
Dott. Sergio Rabellino

 Technical Staff