Hi,

I have written a client/server code using openssl.

when i am verifying the server certificate on the client side and  also the client certificate on the server side the  verification fails.

On the client side ,
SSL_get_verify_result(ssl) returns code 18.
which is :
 18 X509_V_ERR_DEPTH_ZERO_SELF_SIGNED_CERT: self signed
       certificate

i have the server certificate on the client side and i am  using this function in my client code.

if (SSL_CTX_load_verify_locations(ctx,CERTF,HOME) <= 0 ) {
   ERR_print_errors_fp(stderr);
   exit(3);
 }

where CERTF is server certificate and HOME is the certificate path.

i have used verify  command to check the server certificate which the server is sending to the client and the certificate the client is having on its side. this command gives OK.

then i dont know where is the problem. Please tell me why it fails.

biswaksen