From: "Ivan Saez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: Capicom signing & openssl verification

Hi,

I can sign and verify the digital signature of a web-form with my
private and public
key using capicom but now I need to verify the digital signature on a
Sun Solaris server with openssl 0.9.6c. I exported my public key and
uploaded it to the Sun server. On the server I have my public key and
the digital signed text signed with my private key. Then on the Sun
server I do :

openssl dgst -sha1 -binary -verify ivan_public.key -signature
19870193.pem text

19870193.pem is the signed web-form (signed with capicom). I believe the
format is
PKCS7. Text is the file containing the ascii text from the web-form.

Openssl returns Verification Failure . Any idea of what I'm doing wrong
?

kind regards,

Ivan