I am trying to access a secure site from my machine with Netscape 4*
thru 6.2 and IE.  When access the site with IE I get to it fine.  When
using Netscape, I get the following error.

The certificate is not approved for the following application.

I do not get an error that says I do not have a certificate to access
the site.

The server cert was generated with the following command.

Openssl ca -policy policy_anything -out demo.cer -config
/usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf -infiles certreq.txt

Everything looks like it comes across fine. I edited the demo.cer file
and took out the excess jibberish that MS does not like and installed it
as a server cert.

Am I missing something? Has anyone seen the error on the 3rd line?

Thanks..

Brandon Amundson
BBN Technologies
LAB: 703 284 8189