From: Brad House [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 4:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Trusted CA list

The certs are not hard-coded into IE at all...

While in IE6, go to

Tools->Internet Options

Click on the Content Tab
Click on the Certificates Button
Click on Trusted Root Certificat Authorities

Then select the entire list (click on first one the
  shift-click the last one)
And click the export button.  This will export in
PCKS #7. (name the file certs.p7b)

Then issue this openssl command line option to convert
to a more readable (PEM) format:

openssl pkcs7 -inform DER -outform PEM -in certs.p7b -out certs.pem
-print_certs

If you'd like more detailed info about the certificates
just append a  -text  to the above command line ...

Then you've got a perfect PEM file for use with openssl!!!
(and is newer than the one provided by mod_ssl)

-Brad