On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:27:17PM +0200, Geert Van Muylem wrote:
> I want to create a p12 file which holds the secret key and the complete
> certificate chain:
> What is the "Standard CA store"?
>
> I've tried the following:
> openssl pkcs12 -chain -export -in gvm_cert.pem -inkey gvm_sk.pem -out
> gvm_sk.p12
> Enter PEM pass phrase:
> Error unable to get local issuer certificate getting chain.
> -> Generated an Application Error pop-up!
>
> Can the CA cert be specified by the -in parameter"
> D:\OpenLDAP\CCA\Generate>openssl pkcs12 -chain -export -in ca_cert.pem -in
> gvm_cert.pem -inkey gvm_sk.pem -out gvm_sk.p12
> Enter PEM pass phrase:
> Error unable to get local issuer certificate getting chain.
> -> Generated an Application Error pop-up!

Make use of the -CAfile (or -CApath) command line option to specify the location
where to look for CA certificates:
openssl pkcs12 -chain -CAfile ca_cert.pem -export -in gvm_cert.pem ...

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/