> Hi Bob,
>
> Judging from what you wrote you might want to implement a
> 'content timestamp', which is added to the authenticated
> attributes and contains a timestamp over the encapsulated
> content info. This will not give a proof of the signing
> time, just the existence of the data at a particular time.

Right. I only need the timestamp to prove the
existence of the data at a particular time. The
signature testifies to the contents legitimacy.

> For implementing this solution you would need the following:
> 1., A TSA client that can ask for a timestamp over TCP or
> HTTP. Although I do not have it currently I will have it
> in 2-3 months.

While very useful, this is not crucial to my circumstances.

What is crucial to me is the ability to verify a timestamp
against its data; if you are unable to write this soon I can
perhaps help.

> You might want to post your message to openssl-dev, that's a
> better forum for discussing this.

I will join this list, and ask future questions there.

- Bob