On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 04:04:10PM -0700, Fiel Cabral wrote:
> I could not wait for 0.9.7 to come out so I decided to
> add the X509 OIDs for generationQualifier and
> pseudonym to crypto/objects/objects.txt. Now, I can
> create a certificate request containing these
> distinguished name attributes BUT when I do openssl
> req -text, I get a couple of OIDs in the subject DN!
>
> Like:
> CN=abc/2.5.4.44=Jr. (generationQualifier)
>
> Initially I only had a long form for the attribute in
> objects.txt so I tried adding the short form as well
> but that did not help.
> Do you know which file to modify so I can supply the
> friendly-names for the attributes: pseudonym and
> generationQualifier?

When re-compiling after your additions, perl scripts should be called
to rebuild obj_mac.num, obj_mac.h, and obj_dat.h. Did this happen for
you? OpenSSL will only evaluate the objects compiled in...

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/