Hi,

        In my c code I am sending the rsa public key from A (which generated the
RSA key pair) to B. B now tries to encrypt a message with the public key
received from A and send the encryted message to A and A decrypts it with the
private key of the RSA key pair it generated.
        Now the problem is that I cannot encrypt the message at B with the
received public key (it gives seg fault).
        Is it possible to do what I have mentioned ? can you tell me where am I
going wrong ?

        Here is the snippet of my code...

-----------------
"A"
-----------------
  if ((rsa=RSA_generate_key(NUM_BITS,RSA_F4,NULL,NULL))==NULL) {
    perror("RSA key generation failed");
  }

  /* Save the public and private keys into the char array */
  p = ki_pub;
  ki_pub_len = i2d_RSAPublicKey(rsa,&p);
  printf("Length of public key is %d\n",ki_pub_len);

  p = ki_pri;
  ki_pri_len = i2d_RSAPrivateKey(rsa,&p);
  printf("Length of private key is %d\n",ki_pri_len);

  /* Find out the length that can be encoded by RSA */
  rsa_msg_len = RSA_size(rsa);
  printf("Max encoding length is %d\n",rsa_msg_len);

  /* send ki_pub_len to B */
  /* send ki_pub to B */
  /* send rsa_msg_len to B */

---------------
"B"
---------------

  /* receive ki_pub_len */
  /* receive ki_pub */
  /* put the ki_pub into pub_rsa */
  p = ki_pub;
  pub_rsa = d2i_RSAPublicKey(NULL, &p, (long)ki_pub_len);

  /* receive rsa_msg_len */

  /* Encrypt message */
  encrypt_len = RSA_public_encrypt(msg_len, unencrypted_mesg,
                                   encrypted_mesg, pub_rsa,
                                   RSA_PKCS1_OAEP_PADDING);

RSA_public_encrypt() segfaults at B.

help appreciated,