Hi,

I'm trying to write a routine that uses RSA_sign to sign a code file but
can't figure out how to get the code to compile.  For testing I created
a simple file that just calls RSA_sign.  When I try to compile it I get
the following message.

/home/bob/openssltest# gcc -lcrypto -lssl -L/usr/local/ssl/lib sign_test.c
/tmp/ccXUtNOj.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccXUtNOj.o(.text+0x30): undefined reference to `RSA_sign'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
root:/home/bob/openssltest#

libcrypto.a and libssl.a exist in the /usr/local/ssl/lib directory.  Is
there another library I need to include?  First I installed
openssl-engine-0.9.6d then openssl-0.9.6d using the command sequence
"./config", "make", and "make install". I didn't see any errors and the
platform was correctly identified as linux.  Is there something else
that needs to be installed?

thanks,
bob richard