On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 09:51:20PM +0200, Götz Babin-Ebell wrote:
> Amos Blackman schrieb:
> >i was just wondering if there was a simple way to generate all the
> >makefiles and supporting scripts such that they create differently named
> >libraries (eg.  libcrypto-096d and libssl-096d),  so that i can have an old
> >version and a new version coexist peacefully in my project's build tree.  i
> >can write a script to comb through and change all the files individually,
> >but just thought there might be a more flexible/maintainable way.  :-)
>
> The usual way to have divverent versions of a library in the system is to
> store them in different install directories

this doesn't work for me, because i need both to be a part of the same build;
certain binaries link against the older version, others link against the
newer, at runtime both need to be available.  thus they need unique names.
i'll take you're response to mean that there isn't a more generic solution
than my script, though, which i can live with.  i was just wondering.

thanks.