Hi All.

I have no trouble compiling openssl-0.9.6g on SOlaris 2.6 or 2.8 with the
default makefile, but if I either perform a ./Configure
solaris-sparcv9-gcc --prefix=DIR, or if I modify the INSTALL_PREFIX= in
the Makefile and then do a make;make install, it fails to install to my
destination directory.. I get stuff like this:

nstalling ssl...
make[1]: Entering directory `/depot/openssh/openssl-0.9.6g/ssl'
cp: cannot create live/include/openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access live/include/openssl/ssl.h
cp: cannot create live/include/openssl/ssl2.h: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access live/include/openssl/ssl2.h
cp: cannot create live/include/openssl/ssl3.h: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access live/include/openssl/ssl3.h
cp: cannot create live/include/openssl/ssl23.h: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access live/include/openssl/ssl23.h
cp: cannot create live/include/openssl/tls1.h: No such file or directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access live/include/openssl/tls1.h
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/depot/openssh/openssl-0.9.6g/ssl'
etc.

and then it dies.

ANy idea how to get it to install to another destination instead of off of
/ ?

Thanks
Jeff