Marc,
Maybe.  We have an agent using  openssl  running on AIX,  SSL_read() *and*
SSL_accept() will get SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL with errno set to EAGAIN.
In these cases, I retry the SSL function again.  With SSL_read(), first I call
poll() to see if there is data to be read.
Jim

Marc Ochs wrote:

> Anyone know of an outstanding issue here?
>
> I notice a long hang on SSL_read() and the following
> error info:
>
> SSL_read() returned -1
> SSL_get_error returns 5 =  SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL
> ERR_error_string(ERR_get_error()) returns error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
>
> this is the Cisco CSA in front of websphere on a IBM 390
>
> Thanks! - Marc

James S. Edele
Resonate, Inc. (Keeping E-Business Open for Business)