They say: that's what RPM's are for.

Compile with shared libs:
Add shared to the config line. Read The Fine Manual, it's explained in the
readme file.

If it keeps on whining after make install you might need to rename some files.

I never tried to copy from another box, I'm just to lazy to do so :-)
building myself is much faster. Others will probably give so tech reasons
why you (probably) shouldn't..

Have fun,

B.