Hello all,

In the *.pod files dor the OpenSSL docs, the all the L<> links appear
to be formatted like this one in the "See Also" section in ssl.pod -
L<SSL_accept(3)|SSL_accept(3)>. Now as a Windows user I don't have the
man command, but I do have a web browser, except pod2html barfs on that
and similar pod-links unless there is an =item with similar text in the
same file and then it just links back up to an <a name=""></a> in the
same file rather than to SSL_accept.html created by pod2html
SSL_accept.pod. (At least, it doesn't for me - I hope I'm not just
making myself look foolish because I overlooked some option in pod2html
:-) )

If I understand things correctly, pod2man will just ignore the text
after the | since it's supposed to be a pointer to another
location/file and man pages don't have the concept of hyperlinks. So if
the example link was changed to L<SSL_accept(3)|SSL_accept)> it would
then work with pod2html yet not affect pod2man.

Initial experimenting shows that when I am in
H:\var\Projects\openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-20020915\doc, that doing the
command

pod2html ssl\ssl.pod --verbose --podpath=crypto:ssl:apps --recurse
--podroot=. --htmlroot=.. --outfile ssl\ssl.html

works properly, even with prepending proper directories so the pod-link
L<openssl(1)|openssl> gets properly pointed at ../apps/openssl.html, as
expected.

Is there any reason why this modification of the *.pod files couldn't
be done? Have I overlooked anything? And then add makefile target
called install_htmldocs or something similar? I'm more than willing to
be the person who does the work to change all these pod-links for
pod2html if somebody could just tell me whom to contact for proper
submission procedures, etc...

I'd also like to help out with writing the .pods for things that
haven't been documented yet. I'm no OpenSSL guru to give in depth
explanations, but I could at least get the skeleton there for more
experienced people to add to. Whom do I annoy :-) to help with this?