--- Xperex Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't understand how your solution completely fixes things though.  What if
> the server is
> restarted with caching disabled while the client still has sessions cached.
> When the sessions
> were cached by the client the session ID was not zero length so you validly
> cached them.  Yet you
> run into the same problem when the server restarts.
>
> I realize this is an unlikely scenario but it lead me to think that the
> problem should be fixed
> elsewhere, namely in the OpenSSL client code.
>
> Am I following things correctly?
>
>     Tim

I think in this case what would happen is that the client tries to reuse its
saved session, however the server will return an empty session_id
(session_id_length == 0).  The client will then throw away the session it was
trying to use and create a new one with session_id_length = 0.  When the
connection finishes an attempt will be made to cache the session, but since the
session_id_length is 0 the session is rejected and not cached.

So I think it works out okay.

-- Jonathan