Hello,

I was doing some tests with openssl and I found a strange issue:

First, I ran s_server to instantiate a fake server in localhost:

s_server -cert <mycertfile> -key <mykeyfile>

Second, I execute s_client to connect to my fake server:

s_client -connect 127.0.0.1:4433

Until here, it's ok.

Then, in my client I wrote "R"<any-string><return>, e then S_client
reports:

RENEGOTIATING
<a lot of line dumps...>

It looks like if I send any string beggining with "R", when I
send the CRLF it causes the library to renegotiate the handshake.

I'm using openssl-0.9.6g, in a windows xp machine.

Is this "behaviour" correct? If it's right, what's the reason?

[]'s Willian