I am new to creating ssl certificates so I am not sure if I am doing this correctly, so here it goes...

I am using windows 2000 with IIS.

First I created a request through IIS. I renamed the request to certreq.pem and placed the request in the demoCA directory

Next I created my own private key using the by:
OpenSSL> genrsa -out steveKey.pem

Then I issued the following command to generate the certificate:
OpenSSL> x509 -req -in demoCA\certreq.pem -extfile openssl.cnf -extensions v3_ca -signkey steveKey.pem -out steveCAcert.pem

And Finally I converted the certificate to the PKCS#12 format by:
OpenSSL> openssl pkcs12 -export -in file.pem -out file.p12 -name "My Certificate"

After doing this, I then tryed to update the certificate into windows IIS and got the following message:
"The pending certificate request for this response file was not found...."

Please let me know what I am doing wrong in generating the certificate.

Thanks!!!!

Steve Schnader
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

NOTE: My previous attempts was with the CA command but I keeped getting an error message indicating that the CA country_name field was (AU) and the request country_name field was (US)

"MMS01<bcbsal.org>" made the following
annotations on 10/28/02 16:38:36
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, duplication, or distribution of this transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its designated agent is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this e-mail.