Hi,

I am just getting started with the OpenSSL crypto lib. What
I need to do is to extract an unknown extension from a X509V3 cert.

I have been successful in finding out that X509_EXTENSION_get_data does
return the contents of the extension. However what does
X509_EXTENSION_get_object give me then? I assume the returned ASN1_object is
a description of the extension, and the data field contains the OID, right?
(the length field currently gives me 8 bytes and the nid is 0 (for unknown I
assume)).

Can anybody tell me how I can compare this OID to another one that I have
as a string (i.e. 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.0.12)?

Or asked another way, how should I proceed if I only want to extract
all the extensions that have the above OID from a X509V3 PKC.

Thanks

Markus