As we're starting up our release process again, we'd need to have as
many as possible test the latest snapshots for us.  I can personally
cover Debian GNU/Linux on i386.

                    ----------

0.9.6h:

One of the upcoming releases will be 0.9.6h (basically to fix all bugs
that have been found in 0.9.6g and in the development branches), which
will happen very soon (we haven't set a fixed date yet, but my
personal guess is early next week).  Therefore, the most urgent
snapshots to test are:

openssl-0.9.6-stable-SNAP-200211xx.tar.gz       non-engine version
openssl-e-0.9.6-stable-SNAP-200211xx.tar.gz     engine version

where 'xx' really is the highest day number you can find.  At the
point of writing, it's '12', but tomorrow, it will be '13'.

I'm trying to keep the engine version as tightly synchronised with the
non-engine version as I possibly can.

                    ----------

0.9.7:

OpenSSL version 0.9.7 is also on it's way, starting tuesday next week
when we hope to get beta 4 rolling (it will depend on a certain patch
that will hopefully be sent to us very soon).  We expect that release
to have problem, considering everything that has gone in since beta 3,
so we will not call that a final beta.  Instead, we're giving it about
two weeks to get thoroughly tested, and will then release beta 5
december 3rd.  That one will hopefully be a final beta, and we're
giving it a week for tests, and have a full release on dece,ber 10th.

                    ----------

In summary:

Starting now:   please try every snapshot you can, as often as you
                can.  The current important snapshot names are:

                openssl-0.9.6-stable-SNAP-2002mmdd.tar.gz
                openssl-e-0.9.6-stable-SNAP-2002mmdd.tar.gz
                openssl-0.9.7-stable-SNAP-2002mmdd.tar.gz

                where 'mmdd' is the current month and day numbers.

Between now and november 19 (included):
                Release of 0.9.6h

November 19:    Release of 0.9.7 beta 4

December  3:    Release of 0.9.7 beta 5 (hopefully beta)

December 10:    Release of 0.9.7

NOTE: during the beta testing periods, we may ask for targeted tests
of snapshots.  It would be nice if people who're willing to help could
make themselves known.

Updates will be available on the web: http://www.openssl.org/news/state.html

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.