Fixed it, apparently the cert was in PEM format by default and IIS required
(BDER format. I have no idea what this means but it fixed it ;)
(B
(B--
(BJames Smith
([EMAIL PROTECTED]
(B
(B----- Original Message -----
(BFrom: "James Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(BTo: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(BSent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 10:03 AM
(BSubject: Re: I give up
(B
(B
(B> Does anyone have a site like this that deals more specifically with the
(B> Wintel environment?
(B>
(B> Last thing yesterday I eventually managed to get OpenSSL to read and sign
(B> the request generated by IIS, however IIS refuses to recognise the signed
(B> cert.  Any ideas?
(B>
(B> --
(B> James Smith
(B> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(B>
(B> ----- Original Message -----
(B> From: "M.E. Post" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 6:11 PM
(B> Subject: Re: I give up
(B>
(B>
(B> > Hi James,
(B> >
(B> > For comprehensive and clear instructions on certificate generation 9and
(B> all
(B> > other steps) have a look at the OpenSSL cookbook:
(B> > http://www.pseudonym.org/ssl/ssl_cook.html
(B> >
(B> > good luck,
(B> >
(B> > Meint
(B> >
(B> > ----- Original Message -----
(B> > From: "James Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> > Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 1:57 PM
(B> > Subject: Re: I give up
(B> >
(B> >
(B> > > I should say I have been trying to use
(B> > > "openssl ca -in y:\certreq.txt -out y:\cert.cer"
(B> > > but I can't figure out what other options to use, am I even on the
(B> correct
(B> > > track?
(B> > >
(B> > > --
(B> > > James Smith
(B> > >
(B> > > ----- Original Message -----
(B> > > From: "James Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> > > To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(B> > > Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:51 PM
(B> > > Subject: I give up
(B> > >
(B> > >
(B> > > > ok, the time has come.....
(B> > > >
(B> > > > HEEEELLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
(B> > > >
(B> > > > I have finally managed to compile openssl on win32 (xp) with the GCC
(B> > > > compiler and all of the test exe's seem to work ok. Not for love nor
(B> > money
(B> > > > can I generate a certificate and the docs are as usefull as a
(B> chocolate
(B> > > > fireguard (no offence, I guess the time just hasn't been available
(Bto
(B> > > finish
(B> > > > them).
(B> > > >
(B> > > > I am not a programmer, I am a web developer, so could someone please
(B> > > explain
(B> > > > in short words how I take the certreq.txt file from IIS and turn it
(B> into
(B> > a
(B> > > > working certificate?
(B> > > >