Was able to successfully compile and test 0.9.6g on OS 10.2.2, and can use
the resulting static libraries for apache's mod_ssl.

But, if I build 'shared', and then copy the resulting *.dylib files to
/usr/lib my Mac won't start.

Apple files (currently 0.9.6e; the libssl files are identical, as are the
libcrypto) are:
    /usr/lib/libssl.0.9.dylib
    /usr/lib/libssl.dylib
    /usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.dylib
    /usr/lib/libcrypto.dylib

Openssl created these files:
    libcrypto.0.9.6.dylib
    libssl.0.9.6.dylib

I renamed the openssl lib versions to match the Apple lib versions and
copied to /usr/lib. But, as I said above, it doesn't like 'em.

Could it be some app compiled with the older version that chokes on the new
libs?

--
Randall Perry
sysTame