On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 01:40:04PM -0800, Sunitha Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to set the client appln to use AES128-SHA as the cipher.
> I have set the method to be:
> meth = SSLv23_client_method();
> ctx = SSL_CTX_new (meth);
>
> and ,  to set the cipher, I call,
> SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list(ctx, "AES128-SHA")
>
> However, this cipher is not being recognized as a valid one, and on
> execution I get the error:
> 1691:error:140740B5:SSL routines:SSL23_CLIENT_HELLO:no ciphers
> available:s23_clnt.c:263:
> I have included <openssl/tls1.h>, which contain definitions for the
> above cipher.
>
> I did have an older version of openssl , in /usr/bin/openssl( which came
> along with redhat distribution),
> which I moved to another location. Is there a  possibility that old ssl
> and crypto libraries are also residing. In which case, are there any
> pointers on how I could clean up old openssl libraries( the ones which
> came with the distribution)?

Hmm.
/usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl s_client -cipher AES128-SHA -connect
serv01.aet.tu-cottbus.de:443
serv01.aet.tu-cottbus.de (currently running the OpenSSL request tracker)
is using a beta release of 0.9.7...

Best regards,
        Lutz
--
Lutz Jaenicke                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/