Dnia nie 22. of December 2002 02:42, Geoff Thorpe napisał:
> * Marcin Giedz ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think my rectent mail "disappeard". So I reapeat my question:
> >
> > Is it possible to check how does zlib compression work?? -
> > openssl-0.9.7-SNAP20021216 (any values????)
>
> Configure with "zlib" before building openssl (you'll notice a
> corresponding -D... flag being used during compilation).
Done

> If you then use
 s_server and/or s_client,
s_server,s_client - are these programs included in openssl0.9.7 or I have to
create them?

you should be able to determine from the
> handshake information they spit out whether compression is happening.
How? Please,any examples???

> The other thing would be to use ssldump to see what the handshake is
> agreeing on (or not agreeing on as the case may be), or of course just
> plonk some debugging/logging junk into the compression code inside
> crypto/comp/ and see if it lights up like a Christmas tree at run-time
> (I just had to squeeze a seasonal metaphor in there at some point).
Ohhh, I get it!! and I put something like this to the c_zlib.c
        outfile = fopen("/tmp/openssl.out","a");
        fprintf(outfile,"compress(%4d)->%4d %s\n",
                ilen,(int)l,(clear)?"clear":"zlib");
        fclose(outfile);

Then I tried ssltest (included into opessl) with -zlib param
./ssltest -zlib -num 1000
and ... nothing!!! What is wrong ???

--
Marcin Giedz