We're specifying (nominally) a SOHO-class accelerator to work with
OpenSSL/X86 Linux in an embedded product.  We're trying to guess at the
development path with the fewest risks/landmines first, and the lowest unit
cost second.  To this end, I have a few question,

1. Is there a resource summarizing which "engines" are chip-level
cryptographic accelerators, and which are board-level products?

2. Is there any planned OpenSSL support for the SafeNet CryptCore 1140?

3. Across all accelerator products, are there any particular engines that
have a significant lead in terms of OpenSSL user base?

Thanks!

James Dabbs