On Mon, Feb 24, 2003, Rabellino Sergio wrote:

> Dear developers,
>  I had a little (maybe) trouble to get compile the latest release of the
>  package:
>
>  the compiler is telling me about a redefinition of NETSCAPE_ENCRYPTED_PKEY
>  and NETSCAPE_PKEY
>
>  in the file crypto/asn1/n_pkey.c at line 96 and 109 (
>  DECLARE_ASN1_ENCODE_FUNCTIONS_const .... ).
>
>  Commenting out the lines, the compilation job is ok, and so the test
>  suite, but which are the implications of this line removal ??

I've tested compiling OpenSSL 0.9.7a with VC++ and various SPs and never
had any problems like that: it should compile without any warnings.

Check that the line:

#define EXPORT_VAR_AS_FUNCTION

appears in crypto\opensslconf.h if not then the configuration didn't work.
Make sure you follow all the steps in INSTALL.W32 to the letter.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.
Freelance consultant see: http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/