Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 7:18 PM
Subject: X509_STORE and X509_verify performance

I generated 1000 test self-signed CA certs, and wrote
a small program to add them all to an X509_STORE in
preparation for verifying a certificate.. But this operation
took a LONG, LONG time.  Even adding 500 certs took
approx. 30 seconds!  It appeared to go real fast for
the first 100 certs, then decelerate, so I suspect some kind
of sorting or linear search algorithm that is slowing
things down.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I am fearful of what is
going to happen (or not happen) when I try my test
1000-cert deep chained cert verification.

cj