>Hi,  I am try to add OpenSSL support to an application that uses Windows
async IO..

>Basically, when a read completes, I get called back, and I need to decrypt
the buffer etc.

>Is this do-able?  Is there an example?   I don't see how I can use
SSL_read...

        Read the OpenSSL documentation about "BIO pairs". With BIO pairs, you can
do all the I/O yourself, any way you want. You just manage the four data
streams. When you receive encrypted data from the network, you give it to
OpenSSL. When you have plaintext data you want it to encrypt (generated by
your application), you give it to OpenSSL. When it has decrypted output to
give your application, you get it from OpenSSL. When it has encrypted data
to send, you get it from OpenSSL (and write it to the network however you
want).

        In this case, OpenSSL doesn't do any network I/O (of for that matter *any*
I/O) at all. You do it all yourself.

        DS