Hi,

I am just starting out on ssl...could pl. tell me what
might be causing the below error, when using s_client
to connect to a server, my application also fails
during chain verification process...

s_client output of the server:

CONNECTED(0000017C)
SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
depth=1 /C=ZA/ST=Western Cape/L=Cape Town/O=Thawte
Consulting cc/OU=Certificatio
n Services Division/CN=Thawte Server
CA/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in
certificate chain
verify return:0
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server certificate request A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server done A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client certificate A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write client key exchange A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write change cipher spec A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 write finished A
SSL_connect:SSLv3 flush data
SSL3 alert read:fatal:bad certificate
SSL_connect:failed in SSLv3 read finished A
1504:error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
alert bad certificate:.\s
sl\s3_pkt.c:964:SSL alert number 42
1504:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl
handshake failure:.\ssl\s23_lib
.c:226:

thanks,
nath