Hi,

I want to build the libs on AIX 5.1 using gcc 3.1, and I intend to use it in
multithreaded applications. The config script has no default multithreading
settings for AIX, so this is how I configured OpenSSL:

./Configure aix43-gcc threads <lots of no-cipher flags...> -D_REENTRANT

'make depend' and 'make' ran smoothly, and now I wonder if the library is
thread safe.

Questions:

1. How can I check that the libraries are really thread safe?

2. What symptoms should a non-thread-safe library show, if the application
uses only encryption, hash and random (actually also base64 and ASN.1
encoding now and then)?

Thanks.

        Tal Mozes
        Security & Research Team Leader