Didn't get an answer the last time I asked this so I thoght i'd try one time more :-)

When I create an elleiptic curve key using the command lline ´openssl ecparam -genkey
-name ´curve´´ I get a relatively small key file.
But if I try to generate a key using the function EC_KEY_generate_key and write it to
a file using PEM_write_PKCS8PrivateKey, the file is more than twice as large. Is there
any way to make it smaller?

Also is an openssl public key encryption scheme for elliptic curves planned in a
future version?

Henrik N. Rask